Saturday, July 15, 2006

Saturday's Events

Vicky wrote
Today Abra did really well with word associations and got one hundred percent correct. However she wrote "because animal" for every association (and I gave her none that were about animals) We will keep practicing.
What I have noticed is Abra's increasing ability at verbalizations. I had her say one whole box of flash cards and the action word in each descriptive sentence. Her approximations are very good -- I wonder why she doesn't use her voice more?
We hiked again today and this time went further and walked for forty-five minutes. It was interesting because I was not familiar with the trail that we were on and I had wanted to climb a second hill but Abra wanted to take the trail to the left which she took at a fair clip and we ended back right at the car, so we completed a complete loop of a trail that I didn't know existed?
Abra behaved beautifully in Trader Joes today (a new store for her) she waited and walked alongside throughout the shop, but when we went to New Leaf (a store VERY familiar to her) she went bonkers, running around and stopping short to stim on ceiling fans. I am constantly amazed by the patience and understanding of strangers.

No comments: