Thursday, July 13, 2006

Breakthrough! Well, sort of...

Vicky,
I just about fell out of my chair. Abra and I were doing the word associations. I gave her 3 words plus dog. Then held out Cat and asked her which word went with Cat. She handed me Dog. I then asked her why Dog and Cat went together, and as I was turning over the whiteboard with the answer "Because they are animals." She typed "Because animals!" I couldn't believe it!
However......
Later, I asked her about Eye and See and wouldn't show her the answer right away. She typed "Because they are animals." Soooo....I went back to different animals and we've been working on that this morning. And I've also included "Senses" like Nose and Smell, Hear and Ear, etc.
Now I'm thinking we should focus on 2 different categories like Animals and Senses. When she gets those correct, move on to another category.
What do you think?
Can you work on this this weekend?
Liz

No comments: