Remember I wrote about her and the word associations? Well, on friday she kept showing me the Walk Track icon and the Swimming icon. It is funny but she will come up to me holding the icon and pointing to it, like she wants to tell me something. I always assume that just wants to do that specific thing but on this day she had just walked track and then she grabbed the icon and showed it to me. I told her that yes, we just walked track. I then wrote it on her LW. She kept showing it to me. I kept asking her What? What do you want to say? I wrote her options... "Yes We had fun walking the track." Or "Liz I do not want to walk the track again." She would play back and listen and then point again. I finally told her that pointing wasn't getting her anywhere and she needed to type. I told her to use words! "USE WORDS ABRA!"So she thought about it and then typed "Because I see with my walk track." !!!!
I didn't really know what to do (it was kind of funny)...I told her good try and she seemed satisfied and stopped showing me the icon! But I'm not satisfied with my answer I should have given her lots of praise....I bet Anne Sullivan would have known what to do;^)Liz
Monday, September 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment