Thursday, September 14, 2006

Days of the week and Waiting

Vicky, Since summer school I've been showing her the calendar and talking about days of the week. Lately I've been having her write, "The month is September." and " Today is Monday, ect." She does it but of course it isn't really that interesting to her. So last week I started writing on the calendar our swimming days....duh! Now she is interested! This morning I had her write, "I swim on Thursdays. I swim today." This afternoon without prompt she wrote, "I swim on Tursday."
She is also getting more patient with waiting. Here she is "patiently" waiting; swimsuit in hand, for Darlene to call and tell us it is time to go to the pool. I think her developing language skills are helping here. We were able to talk about why we were waiting. I told her that we were waiting for a call and Abra typed, "Wait Call Pool Suit"
Amazing... Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Liz said...

I love the way her language is emerging. In true typical fashion she is using her language best in either highly desirable pursuits or stressful situation. I wonder if we will ever get to casual conversation?