Well today Abra got mad at me twice!
1) Fire Drill. She didn’t want to be outside and wanted to go back inside. I tried the usual stuff: Wait, songs, calm voice, etc. She wasn’t having any of it! She finally started hitting and I got behind her but held on to her overalls. I told her to use her words. She typed “mad” and I asked her if she was mad at me. I then had her type “Liz I mad.” The first time she did it with prompt – next time without!
2) We were packing up to leave and she got it in her head that she needed to take home ALL her flashcards. I told her NO that she already had plenty in her pack. She wouldn’t stop trying to put more in her backpack. I finally got them all out had her pick 2 – she did and we put those in her pack. But has we were getting ready to walk out she ran back and got the rest! I told her NO and that was it! She got mad and typed “NO Not in pack.” I told her right. She typed “home go pack.” I told her NO! No more! She typed mad and hit her LW against the wall. I showed no reaction.
Christine had the great idea to let her walk toward the door with the cards and she would take them. When Abra got to the door Christine told her goodbye and held out a blue tub and took the cards from her and placed them in the tub. She then said “cards stay at school! Have a great day Abra!” I handed Abra my keys and she happily walked to the car! Whew!
Monday, September 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This has happened with me a lot, either when she doesn't want to walk or if I really need her to do something that she doesn't want to do. It is GREAT for her to be able to express her feelings and to be validated.
Post a Comment