Less then a week ago we found out Abra's house mates planned a trip without Abra, which was heart breaking for me and I can't imagine how Abra felt. The day mom and I talked about it, Abra had a seizure that night, and another one 2 days later. She was also going into 2 of her housemates rooms before bed time. I was covering a shift the weekend of the trip to Tahoe so we decided to make a trip to the city and go on a speed boat ride. On our way up we had the windows down and Abra was so happy the whole way up... well a little too excited because we got off the freeway into city traffic nowhere to go and she turns to me with a worried face and says "wet." I asked her what do you mean "wet" like you need the bathroom? She says "I need bathroom" I check the seat to see if it is wet as I panic looking around to see where I can go as I tell her we need to wait because we are stuck in traffic. We finally find a place to use the bathroom. She is soaked, and hands me her pants and underwear. She was a trooper because I told her she needs to put her clothes back on to get back to the car. We get there and I have a pair of pj pants she puts on. She wouldn't keep it on and asked to go home. I told her maybe we can find a target and get her an outfit but she was over it and wanted to go home. I respected her wishes and headed back home. She didn't ask for the boat ride until we got closer to home and I told her we could talk to mom and find another day to go. She didn't ask again.
Round 2
The next day during our Adult Day Program at Quest we decided to try the boat trip again. Abra was happy but this time we did not have the windows down on our drive util we got off the freeway. Abra was amazing from the time I picked her up and told her we were going on a boat ride until the end of the day. We parked, went to the ticket booth, they told us the boat we wanted to ride was broken but we can keep our tickets and go on a free cruise ride but have to wait about 30 minutes. We went to the bathroom, and we waited for the boat. Usually Abra obsesses over saying she's done, let's go, boat, etc., but she sat there and just waited. We got on the boat, found a seat, and ready to GO! So happy even to just sit there and wait on the boat. The whole ride she did not want to walk around just happy were she was. We got back to the car and headed home with a big old smile on her face.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment