Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Fun in the sun KAYAKING!!!

Sunday June 26, 2016

I have been wanting to take Abra on a kayaking trip for a really long time but wasn't sure where or how it would happen. Jackie, a Shared adventures staff suggested to go through them because there will be a lot of help, so I did it! I signed us up for kayaking. I let her know throughout the week that we were going kayaking and showed her pictures. When I picked her up she was so happy and excited she wanted to leave right away. We got there and had to fill out paper and try on a skirt, jacket, and life jacket. She expressed every that she was not OK with it and took it off. The volunteers from shared adventures were all understanding and helpful. We didn't bring a jacket but a guy named Chris said he had a jacket in the car she could use. Thank goodness for him, he had a jacket similar to hers. She didn't want it at first but then put it back on. We had to learnot how to use the paddle and in the process one of the staff were telling us we will not be able to ride without a life jacket. Eli (guy who was in charge of the event) came by and said we could if she can wear anot inflatable life jacket. She argued that she needed to be able to pull it and Eli said it was fine because we were all going to be close by and we were in! Abra excepted to wear it after awhile. We walked to the kayaks, I had Abra get in figuring that she will be fine once she gets in.





She had a smile on her face for our hour tour had some gaterade half way and chips going back. We got out and she was so happy! We went to get French fries and chicken for dinner. The weather was great and the people were so amazing. Abra did not have any behavior.

No comments: