Friday, November 10, 2006

Old Game New Language

Years ago Abra used to like a game where she wanted her clothes on backwatds and then would wriggle out of them. Well tonight she sat on the couch with me with two jackets one her wool cardigan and the pink jacket.
I pute them on and then took them off and then she only wanted the pink one so I put it on and it zips all the way to the top of her neck. She was very happy until she realized that she could not wriggle out of it.
I told her if she wanted help she had to get her LW
She came back and the conversation went like this:
A: PULL PUSH
V: (I PULLED HER AND PUSHED HER)
A: (GETTING ANNOYED) JACKET COAT PULL
V: I PULL THE SLEEVE
A: (GETTING AGITATED) PULL PUSH ON JACKET COAT
V: (I PULL AND PUSH HER)
A: PULL PUSH OFF
V: (THINKS CLOSE ENOUGH) ASK HER TO TYPE "TAKE OFF JACKET"
A: TAKE OFF JACKET

Then after removing the coat she wanted to play again but again I wouldn't until she asked appropriately
PUT ON JACKET
We went on like this for twenty minutes until she routinely asked the appropriate request each time.
We had fun :-)

No comments: