I took Abra out to go on a hike this morning and the park access was closed due to wet conditions. So I thought okay, we'll just walk through the play area at AJK park and up the huge steps to the soccer fields above and then walk track. Abra was fine until we reached the top and then all she wanted was to return to the car and became extremely agitated. She tried to run down the road to return to the car but I caught up to her and was adamant that we would walk. I think she was just worried about doing the cross country hike which she has not wanted to do since the accident. When we got to the turn in the track where the off track access point was she became relaxed and was happy to walk the rest of the track.
She chatted on her LW about the wet conditions, she wrote "no slide wet" and I said yes that's right, no sliding today and then she wrote "slide dry go" and I said yes, when it gets dry you can go on the slide :-)
Abra got stuck on something that she wanted to say. She kept typing "I want Peach," "I want Pech," "I want Peeach," I asked her if she was trying to say "I want speech" but that did not satisfy her, she was agitated and upset more with herself than anything. She kept trying to type the word and she knew that she had the spelling wrong and kept asking me for help. I felt badly because we couldn't figure it out?
Saturday, November 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Vicky,
I think it is amazing that you and Abra chatted about the slide! I was thinking about how she would comment about this 6 months ago. She might have typed "slide wet" at the very most but for her to put NO in the phrase is great! I also liked that she put GO in the next phrase.
I wish I knew what word she was trying to type but nothing comes to mind.
Post a Comment