Vicky,
Remember last year when I told you about Abra not understanding what "give me just one" meant?
I would have items (small cubes, etc.) and ask her to just give me one and she would just keep handing me the items unless prompted not to. I was trying to have her put hands on lap after one but she would always need to prompt. Well, I talked to Christine about it and she said why don't you tell her "give me one and then stop." Duh!
It's working! For the last couple of weeks I have her give me one and she's been stopping! I then started with 2 and would put a card with the number 2 there and softly count as she handed them to me. Today she got both 1 and 2 correct so I went ahead and used 3, 4 and 5. She got it! It just clicked! I am now working on fading my counting as she hands me the objects!
Go Abra!
Thursday, October 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment