Vicky,
I forgot to write this in the book. On Thursday a student’s mom brought in refried beans and tortillas for a snack. All the students sat in the kitchen and we made them burritos. Christine asked me to put some beans on a couple chips so Abra could join. I took out about 2 chips and put a small dab of beans on each chip and had Abra sit down at the table. She immediately starting wiping the beans off and smearing it on the table and napkin :-) I tried to get her to lick it off but she wouldn’t. However, she did end up eating the chips with a bean smear on them. First she tried to eat around it – then she just ate it. I asked her if she wanted more and she did. I gave her 2 more chips with beans and she did the same thing. Go Abra!
This is something that Audra said to do: she is touching the new food and getting used to it.
Audra also suggested that you start putting a thin slice of tomato on her sandwich in the evenings. I told Audra how you cut it in quarters and we thought you could put it on the last one she eats. Even if Abra pulls it out she is still touching it and that is something we want.
I’m thinking we could try the chip thing again. Possibly use humus or something.
Sunday, January 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment