Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Abra might be confused about what we are asking

Liz wrote:
Just spoke with Patti again about Abra (in regards to what I talked to you about this morning)She’s thinking that yes, Abra isn’t really motivated to answer questions some of the time but also she confused about what we want from her (hence, typing the last word we say).Patti thinks we should carry around a small whiteboard and when asking questions give her 3 choices. When she points to correct answer immediate erase other 2 choices and have her type the correct word.I asked Patti if she thought we were going to have to train Abra on each and every question! She thinks not – Abra just needs to be trained on what needs to happen when asked a question. The 3 choices are helpful so she can understand that it isn’t the last word we want but also so she doesn’t have to scan her entire brain to get to the answer. Eventually we should be able to eliminate choices….Today she did great with typing the correct word when I pointed to it on the whiteboard. I had started the session with not only pointing but telling her what to type – so this was really good progress in one day!Liz

No comments: