Vicky Wrote:
I haven't written in a while about Abra.
She continues to amaze us all by her progress and she writes more and more on her LW. We have decided to have her attend the Bay School in August which they are being very accommodating about. The first visit that Abra had at the school, it was pointed out to us that although Abra had many new found skills and understanding she was not able to generalize. This observation was very sobering for me because I realized how much work is now involved to enable her to generalize all that she has so far learned, we will have to go back to come forward. At the same time however I am very grateful to have this important piece pointed out to me -- I know better and should have had more awareness my self.
I have also been in contact with Darlene Hanson who is a nationally renowned specialist in FC who will come up for consultation in October. We have been corresponding and she has been giving advice regarding Abra's new ability to type independently
I worry about public school in the fall because the County has hired an UN-credentialed teacher and I think that Abra needs and deserves more.
On an amusing note, Abra is growing very curly hair, she has ringlets around the crown of her head at the hair line. I cannot picture her with a Shirley Temple look, but hey -- it IS cute!
:-) Vicky
07/25/05
Monday, July 25, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment