Vicky wrote:
Abra’s progress continues, she is joining more dots each day :-)
Today she typed “sit, car, go” then “go for a walk”, this upon our return from walking the track at Anna Jean Cummings Park. She also typed “orange, giraffe’ picture” after looking at the flash card of the giraffe. So her vocabulary is increasing as is her interest in writing about things in her environment.
Her eye contact is better and her curiosity has come out, which is SO irresistible!! It really feels like a brand new experience for me. I remember what it was like when Hayley first spoke at the age of seven and interestingly it was the written word that also provided the bridge for her. But it struck me today that I have hung in with Abra for twelve years of loving her and taking care of her needs but always feeling excluded from her private world; now I hear her type something meaningful that pertains to me, and makes me take a double take every time and definitely makes me smile.
Today’s big event – we were heading out the door to grocery shop and Abra pulled me back into the house and said very clearly “keys” because I had left them hanging on their hook by the back door, and “key” is a hard word to say!!!
It is a very happy time here right now.
:-) Vicky 05/01/05
Sunday, May 01, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment